Ericka Paulin – A Day in the Life Interview
How do the IT Developers impact the success of pep?
- We provide the necessary system that is used by our project managers for their day-to-day activities. We are continuously striving to produce new features and bettering the quality of the systems currently in use to meet the unique and evolving needs of the teams.
What makes pep’s IT team unique?
- You don’t feel like your “a cog in the wheel” or a drone worker. There is a true sense of community within our team. For example, we go out to lunch together and we truly care about each other on a personal, as well as professional, level.
What strengths or skills do you bring to the team?
- Well, I’m awesome! I have used my strong communication skills to create and develop significant friendships with those outside of the IT department.
What do you see as the most challenging aspect of your role?
- It can be challenging when there are two or more developers working in the same area at the same time, due to conflicting code. We have to be sure everyone involved understands what each team member is working on and be mindful when we make our individual changes.
What skills, abilities, and personal attributes are essential to success in your role?
- First of all, the skillset to do development work, including C# or other object-oriented programming. In addition to that, the ability to communicate with your team is essential.
If you could live in any place in the world for 5 years with no technology, where would it be and why?
- Ideally Japan because I love Japan and their beautiful culture. You don’t have to drive anywhere because you can take a train. The trains are always on time. There are countless people walking on the streets and they still remain spotless even in the more densely populated areas. The historical buildings are well kept. Lastly, their gardens are phenomenal.
Great work starts with great people, and we take pride in our passionate, driven marketing operations team. Join our team today!